View your leadership with a wide lens. We can have many leadership roles - family, work, community, idea, conversation, etc... . Consider your leadership opportunities based on what is important to you.
- Where were you a leader in 2010?
- What were your measurable goals in these various leadership positions?
- Why did you pursue these goals?
- What were the measurable results of your efforts?
- If you were the cause of all that happened or didn't happen, what was the basis of success which you could build upon? What were the reasons you fell short that need to be addressed?
- What needs to change in your thinking, attitudes, relationships, or actions that will improve your team's results in 2011?
- What is your leadership development plan for 2011 that can make this possible?
Before you set your goals for 2011, take the time to understand what went right in 2010 and understand how you can evolve as a leader to improve your leadership impact in 2011.