Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sometimes feeling normal is great.

John Donato created a wonderful environment for growth for a lucky group of kids this week.  The group's creative expression will be unveiled on April 30th in Georgetown, Delaware.  Most of the kids in the group have had some tough experiences beyond their controls.  John gave them the chance to learn that they could cause a better future regardless of their past.  Their comments give you an idea of how they felt:

"I never thought I could do something like this."

"I didn't think I had it in me."

"I didn't know I could make something beautiful."

"I can't believe a team can do so much together."

"I now see I can create my future."

"I see how to reach my goals."

"It was the best experience of my life."

These comments from the kids all made me proud.  But one stood out to the testament of John's work and the depth at which a person can help another.  A rather shy young lady who worked diligently all week happily stated to her mentor on their way home,"I feel normal for the first time in my life."

Enough said.

Check out the kids on Facebook:  Search for  Lead Your Way - see, be, do, cause shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment