Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Game Worth Playing

As I embark on a whole new future, thoughtfully designing, shaping and planning my greatest possible expression as a leader in our community, I am reminded that anything is possible if you are willing to declare it and stand for it.  I am also reminded of a promise to bring you my observations, insights and perspectives of places and people around the globe that I have blissfully stumbled upon whose riches are abundant yet, differently dispersed.

One of the greatest joys I ever experienced was while visiting a small village outside of Dakar, Senegal.  I witnessed a young village woman’s transformation.  An imbalance of power due to gender inequality demanded that she stand up, take the microphone from a male elder and speak to her people.  She did.  Her hands, body, and every fiber of her being trembled with fear as she voiced a future of self-reliance, freedom and power.

I stood moved to tears as this young woman’s transformation was my own. The courage to stifle the pervasive and persistent inner voice whose disempowering noise had won day after day, year after year, was undeniable and unforgettable.
That’s a game worth playing.


Posted by Eunice Carpitella, a Consultant with Lead Your Way Solutions

With 25 years of management consulting and investment industry experience, Eunice brings a strategic and operational prowess that guides positive change, develops leaders, and influences decision making at every level. Eunice delivers and develops programs that foster a results-minded focus and an unrelenting commitment to driving growth, transformation and success. She holds an M.S. in Organizational Dynamics from The University of Pennsylvania and a B.A. from Arcadia University.  She lives in Sussex County, Delaware and enjoys world travel, photography, hiking, yoga and beaching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment