Friday, January 18, 2013

Fun vs. No Fun


The other day, I found myself in an intense brainstorming situation for work. The ideas that we came up with had to be comprehensive of our future goals and align with the needs of our customer. But alas, we just kept banging our heads against the wall.

How did this happen?? When we first discussed the project, ideas were flowing like water- we were excited and our plans easily took shape. But as we sat at that table, we soon realized that we had hit a brick wall.

Later that evening, my cousin Ava, asked me what we had been doing all day. She is 8 years old, so I decided that I would draw a picture. I illustrated that I spent my day not having any fun. She looked at the drawing, looked back at me and proceeded to draw another picture underneath mine: 


She wrote out the word “fun” and placed a check mark next to it. She then looked at me and said, “You couldn’t do anything because you weren’t having fun. You need fun to get things done.”

Truer words were never spoken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment