Friday, January 25, 2013

Motivation Music


Every morning, I participate in a conference call that occurs at least 2 hours before I am actually awake and functioning. So, each day I have about 2 hours where I need to find some motivation to get working.

Whenever I find myself in a situation where I am unable/unwilling to focus on the task at hand, I choose a song to use as my inspiration to get me through. Music is one of those amazing gifts that we all can access. It invokes feelings of passion and energy. It pumps you up and it gets you moving.

Proper song selection is essential to getting the results that you need. For example, I have a trick that I have taught others throughout the years:

If you are going through a terrible breakup, play “I will survive,” 9 times in a row, as loud as possible. Trust me- by the end of that 9th repeat, you will be singing at the top of your lungs, believing every word. You will survive. You just know it.

And let’s not forget the stadium DJs at sporting events.They always play music that motivates the crowd AND the players. They are completely aware of the power of song to get the energy going. Queen’s “We Will Rock You,” anyone??

My point is that motivation is everywhere. When you need to get your mind right, look to the lyrics and listen to the music.

Find your anthem. Put it on and TURN IT UP.

A little noise is good for the soul…AND productivity.

by Kristen Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment